Monday, August 23, 2010

Thai Round Kick



Not very familiar with muay thai, but this technique looks pretty solid. I tend to avoid muay thai since I box, and muay thai from what I've seen neglects some fundamentals of boxing, but the kicking aspect of it should definitely be taken into account, those round kicks are alot more powerful than any punch can be and when your trained and conditioned a good round kick is like a bat to the ribs... the jab in boxing is still the best strike to me because its versatile and effective, it may be less powerful, but it can be used in almost any striking situation where big shots like kicks and hooks take more energy and are riskier to pull off. I think moves like this should be strategical and planned ahead of time, like maybe snap a jab out on someone who has good blocking, & When they raise their hand to protect their head, you can then snap the round kick out to their ribs while their hand is too far to stop it. thats just how I would use it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment